11/17/2007

My Little Maya


On November 12th, I was free in the afternoon, so I could do anything I wanted. First, I went to THE MALL with my friend and then we went to TAWANNA after we finished eating dinner at Sizzler at THE MALL. TAWANNA is the market that mostly opens in the evening for selling many different things. The location is nearby THE MALL, so many people would come to TAWANNA more often when they come to THE MALL and stay until the evening. It is very good for them to find and buy things with the cheap price.

I tried to find my new shoes but unfortunately not any of those that I was interested could fit on my feet as well as their looks. I found a lovely wristlet and it cost 90 baht. I liked it a lot because the color was purple, which is my favourite color. It was not too expensive, so I decided to buy it.

When we were at the end of the way that we had walked, we found one shop that the market woman was taking care of her rabbits. The rabbits were so small, tiny, and very cute. We watched them for a while. Firstly, I did not have any idea to buy anyone of them. I and my friend could not get our eyes off them, they were too cute. They were dressed by the lovely outfits. Suddenly, I was thinking that I wanted one of them, I did not know what put that idea into my head. We began to ask for their ages and then the price. It cost 200 baht for each one and it would cost more 20 baht for the food. The price was not expensive at all to pay for one rabbit, and maybe too cheap. I spent time so long to choose one of them.

Finally, I got one. I decided to choose the one that I thought it was healthy and friendly. His age was two months and he was very tiny, I can hold him with my one hand. He was dressed by the orange outfit. Even though orange is not my favourite color, but it suited on him very well. He was named Maya. The reason why I gave Maya as his name because it was the name of the dog in the movie called “Eight Below”, and he was very nice and clever dog in the story.

After I came back from TAWANNA, I came to see my friend named Narm, and I also brought Maya with me. Narm also really wanted to buy a rabbit when she saw Maya. I had to come back to the shop that sells rabbits with Narm again that night to let Narm pick one of those. The rabbit she bought was bigger than Maya. Narm gave the name to him as Memie. She wanted the letter of the beginning of the name to be the same as Maya, which is M.

I feel less lonely this week because I have Maya. He always entertains people. My friends like Maya a lot because he is very friendly and loves to play with them. It is hard for him to stop walking around and to stop being curious, but when he sleeps, he will sleep silently as he is dead. I love my little Maya and I will treat him as best as I can.

No comments: